Terms and Conditions
De Oude Huize Yard B&B Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing De Oude Huize Yard B&B for your stay in Harrismith. Harrismith is situated in a rural area and our village is situated at the foot of Platberg mountain Being a rural location, there is very little street lighting.
Check in time is between 15h00 and 20:00 unless prior arrangements have been made. We may not be able to accommodate you if you arrive earlier than the agreed time as we will be busy preparing rooms or out buying supplies.
No check-in will be made after 21:00. This is necessary to ensure the security, comfort and well being of other guests. Please let us know should a problem with your time of arrival occur.
Check out time is between 08h30 and 10:00 unless prior arrangements have been made. No check-out after 11h00. This is to enable the room to be prepared in time for new arrivals.
Breakfast is served weekdays, weekends and public holidays between 08h00 till 09h00. As a courtesy to the establishment, guests must let the guest house know if they will not be taking breakfast.
No bicycles are allowed in the guest rooms
As stipulated on all our booking sites we do not accommodate children under the age of 12 years. We do not have extra beds or cots or high chairs in our establishment. Our niche market is for guests staying over without small children as our establishment is not child friendly. If you should arrive with under age children there will be a additional payment.
Please note we serve a Table d'hôte menu - Literally means "host's table". We have a "set three-course menu" at a set price. The host has predetermined what the guests will be served. Unfortunately there will be an additional charge if any changes need to be made. Please book your table before 11H00.
HISTORICAL DRIVE THROUGH TOWN
Historical drive through town in vintage Chev. This is a must do during your stay. Please let us know in advance that you would like to go on this drive. You can read our blog post http://deoudehuize.blogspot.co.za/2013/11/harrismith-history-and-fancy-driving.html
Wireless access is available in most rooms. This service is offered FREE of charge with the expectation that Guests will utilize this service in a professional and responsible manner for activities such as the active use of e-mail, instant messaging, browsing the World Wide Web and accessing corporate intranets. High volume data transfers are not permitted. We reserve the right to suspend the service to a Guest if we believe that usage of the service is unreasonable.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR AREA
You can read our blog to learn more about our town and area
- A little bit of things to do in our town http://deoudehuize.blogspot.co.za/2016/01/7-ways-to-entertain-yourself-in.html
- The Golden Gate and the area surrounding is only 60km from our establishment and you can read more on this blog post. http://deoudehuize.blogspot.co.za/2016/05/easy-driving-around-harrismith.html
- We do not have a local museum but there is a very interesting display at the MOTHS and you can read more about this on our blog posts http://deoudehuize.blogspot.co.za/2014/06/the-moths-sheephead-long-table-banquet.html
- An interesting building to visit is our town hall. It is the 3rd biggest red brick building in South Africa and we featured it in this blog post http://deoudehuize.blogspot.co.za/2015/01/glass-stained-and-details-of-town-hall.html
- Van Reenen is only 15km from De Oude Huize Yard. There is a interesting coffee shop and a visit to the smallest church makes it an interesting outing. This blog post will tell you more http://deoudehuize.blogspot.co.za/2015/04/a-small-church-with-big-heart.html
- The Platberg Eco park offers a variety of things to do and the block house that was built during the Anglo Boer war is an interesting site to visit. You can read more about the block houses here http://deoudehuize.blogspot.co.za/2015/09/the-castles-of-veld.html
- Verkykerskop is 40km from Harrismith and if you appreciate a hamlet then this is the place to visit. This blog post will tell you more http://deoudehuize.blogspot.co.za/2015/10/verkykerskop-or-binocular-hil.html
- The R74 has been upgraded and you can experience some beautiful sites along the route. This blog post will tell you more http://deoudehuize.blogspot.co.za/2016/01/the-oliviershoek-pass-via-r74.html
Please note that we clean the rooms on a daily basis and the room we require access between 11h00 and 14h00 during these 3 hours. Accidents happen - please let us know of any damage or spillage so that we can attempt a speedy repair or clean. Spillages are more easily rectified the sooner they are dealt with. Any significant breakage or damage may result in a charge for replacement, repair or specialist cleaning. If the damage means the room cannot be made available in good time for the next arriving guests, you may also be liable for loss of income.
LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DE OUDE HUIZE YARD PROPERTY
The Guest retains personal liability for any loss or damages caused to the property of De Oude Huize Yard (excluding wear and tear). Guest/s attends this establishment at their own risk. The proprietor, its employees shall not be liable for, and the guests hereby waive/s and abandon/s any claim of whatsoever nature including but not limited to that for theft, death, injury, loss or damage of whatsoever nature against the proprietor, whether arising from the proprietors default, negligence or otherwise. The guest/s, in addition to the previously said, hereby indemnify the proprietor against any claims which may arise from whatever nature, whether from arising from the proprietor’s default, negligence or otherwise.
Kindly note that it will unfortunately not be possible to drop your bags on your day of arrival or departure.
NUMBER OF GUESTS
Please note that if you have booked accommodation for a set number of people, then that is the total number of persons permitted to stay in the accommodation. For example if you have booked for 1 person, only 1 person is permitted to stay in the accommodation. After you have made the booking and realize that you may have guests wanting staying over please let us know in advance. Also note that an additional amount will need to be paid for them.
Our free undercover parking entrance is via a panhandle and therefore trucks, trailers and caravans will not be able to enter. We have only one parking per room available. If you are towing a trailer please let us know as we have to allocate a open parking area for the trailer.
No pets are allowed in rooms or the premises of the guest house. Please beware that the owner’s have a dog on the premises, the Guest House will not be held responsible for any damages caused by animals on the property.
If you need to postpone your booking, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can attempt to re-let the room.
Any data collected during the course of this booking will be stored on our computer(s) and/or booking diary. From time to time we may contact you by email about promotions and offers, unless you specifically tell us not to. Your details will only be used by De Oude Huize Yard and we will not share them with any third party.
This is a NON SMOKING establishment. Indoor smoking is strictly prohibited in ALL our guest rooms and enclosed public areas. Guests found to be smoking in their rooms will be liable to pay an additional night’s accommodation. No exception will be made under any Circumstances.
If you or any member of your party has any special requirements, please let us know at the time of making the booking.
We cannot be held liable for the interruption to the electricity, water, sewage to, from or on the guest house property any industrial action, civil uprising or criminal activity. Fire, frost, flooding, subsidence or any other force majeure event.